Pool wall is bowing out

DonW

Jun 27, 2008
Central IL.
Brand new 18' x 33' Sharkline oval install that has taken me a month and a half to finish. Hooked up and started the pump today and was putting the finishing touches on, and discovered that the pool wall is bowing out just above the bottom track. Does anyone know what is causing this?
It is happenening just about all around the wall, even on the straight sides. Bowing is approximately 2 inches above the track, about 1.5 inches wide.

I can't see more than a foot into the water, it's coming from a well with a high iron content.
I did rectify the problem though. I took a putty knife and worked it under the bottom rails loosening a small amount of dirt from under each of the rails. It was enough to take the bow out and a small dent that was getting larger. The pool had finally been filled and 16,715 gallons of water tried to push the bottom rails out a bit to settle and couldn't. This has been the pool that has kept me sleepless, upset my stomach, and given me headaches. I hope the worst is behind me. Thanks for your reply and to all who have read. Hopefully this "tip" with the putty knife will help someone in the future.

I am having a similar issue with our new oval pool..it seems as one wall and support is bowing much more than others. You can tell by the upright there is alot of pressure from the water. Is this okay for the season until we drop the water for winter or is there an easy fix now?
Not sure how to post a pic

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.