Help blue cloudy water and nothing I do is helping

Jun 3, 2014
Hilton, Ny
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am having problems with my pool. When we opened the pool all of the leaves and stuff from the cover went into the pool. This made the pool a yucky green. We put algae stuff into it to kill what algae there was. Then we shocked the day lights out of the pool. I have tried to get all of the leaves and debris off the bottom of the pool. I cannot see the bottom at all. The pool is a blue color. I brought a sample of water to the local pool company and they told me to power floc the pool. Which I have did, that did nothing, I tried it again and that did nothing again. I took another sample in again and they told me to floc it again. I got the same results. Here are my reading for my pool it holds 14,600 gallons of water.
temp 78
saturation idx: .2
CYA 45
Tot.Chlorine: 10
Free Chlorine:10
ph: 7.7
tot alkalinity 152
adj total alk 138
tot hardness 176
I am clueless on what to do next. I don't want to have to keep buying pool chemicals for them not to work.

Welcome to TFP!

The first thing to try is to lower the PH to around 7.0 to 7.2 and see if that does anything.

Also, what kind of filter do you have and how has it been behaving? In particular does the filter pressure go up steadily and have you been backwashing/cleaning the filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.