New pool with first test results

E3man

Sep 2, 2013
Hey guys, just had my pool installed over the winter and have been enjoying it for a month or so now. It's an 18x38 oasis shaped IG liner salt water pool with 8' deep end. 38880 gals. based on pool math. Never owned a pool before.

Been lurking on this forum for awhile and have gotten a lot of great information. Still a little confused on the chemical stuff. Just tested my water with my tf-100 kit. Water looks great, crystal clear. Here are my results.

FC. 1.5
CC. 0
CYA. 0
TA. 88
CH. 50
Salt 2900

I know I need to raise the cya. What's the best way to do this. Stocking method with stabilizer from Walmart? Raise the FC also?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Whats your PH? What kind of filter? Since the water is clear and you're not having any problems, You can add 1-2 lbs of the CYA directly to the skimmer at a time and leave the filter running. Since you're having to add a lot - I like to do a combination - pour a couple pounds in the skimmer each day, leave the filter running, and put the rest in the Nylon. Yes the HTH from Walmart is fine.

but, if you dump it in the skimmer, you can't backwash for probably 48 hours or you will lose some. I would still go with the sock method. You may want to add some bleach to get your FC a little higher. After your CYA is up the SWG may be able to maintain it at a higher level.

Welecome.

Based on pool math I'm going to need about 360oz. to get cya to 70. Home Depot has 5lb granular jugs for $20 ea. can I just pour some directly in the skimmer and hang a sock in front of a jet? Guess I should do 10 lbs over the next few days and retest?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.