Circupool SI-plus install

Iciee

Jul 5, 2011
phoenix
I have approx a 13k pool and went with the 45. And will be installing this week. I have added two bags if salt so far and will do another 2 tomorrow. Please let me know if you have any advice with the install
ru6yzequ.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget to connect the bonding lug at the bottom of the control panel to the bonding system. You will need some bare #8 copper wire and probably a split bolt connector. Make sure you have the flow switch going the right direction.

Yeah almost forgot about the bonding wire. Picked some up along with some liquid tite to protect the wire from my dog and the blazing Phoenix sun. Evening thinking of getting a scrap piece of 90% sun screen to make a flap that will protect the screen lol
Too much?

I likewise did my own install 2 weeks ago with the SI45+. Pretty straight forward, and yes do not forget the grounding line. I used two 4' fence posts from Lowes that I drove into the ground, and then mounted a piece of wood to the posts. Then mounted the control box to the wood, which leaves lots of air space to keep it cool.

Only problem I have so far is a drip coming from the flow sensor plug. Company said it is a screw fitting, and suggested I take out the epoxy wire plug, add new Teflon tape and rescrew it back into the fitting. Still trying to get it dialed in, good luck.

I likewise did my own install 2 weeks ago with the SI45+. Pretty straight forward, and yes do not forget the grounding line. I used two 4' fence posts from Lowes that I drove into the ground, and then mounted a piece of wood to the posts. Then mounted the control box to the wood, which leaves lots of air space to keep it cool.

Only problem I have so far is a drip coming from the flow sensor plug. Company said it is a screw fitting, and suggested I take out the epoxy wire plug, add new Teflon tape and rescrew it back into the fitting. Still trying to get it dialed in, good luck.

Mine dripped as well. Must be a qc issue. The black colored sensor unscrews. Just take it out, add heavier thread tape. I also use a blue colored pipe dope (forget the brand) lightly on the threads. You can fix it in a matter of minutes.

Thank you all for the info. I did end up finding the stud behind the stucco. Have two 2 1/2" screws in the middle top and bottom and the other four are just anchored into it.
I started building the vertical assembly and half way through I noticed a crack in the slow sensor PVC housing. Called them up and they shipped me a new one no questions asked. Here is a pic of it mounted. Will clean up the wires once I get the cell in place. I used #8 copper wire for the bonding and attached it to the metal pipe that the pump is bonded to. In the timer box this metal pipe is actually the pool light wiring inside of it (did not know that)
yqe3yryh.jpg

so I cut in the cell/sensor this morning and I am like a little kid waiting for the glue to dry so I can play with it. Glue always says 24hrs but with our 106 temp wondering if I can just fire it up this evening (9 hours of cure time).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can't a guy catch a break? Fired up the pump and what do I see a leak. But it's not on any of the new plumbing for the swg I installed but rather a hose bib hookup between the pump and filter. I must have bumped it while working and cused a crack where the bib screws in
Last time I tried to use this with a hose I barely trickled out and took forever. So since I now need to cut out this T I replaced it with a 1.5" outlet and out a ball valve on it so I can hook up a backwash hose to drain when I need to remove some water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.