Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tf-100 first test results

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Tf-100 first test results

FC-3
    CC-0.5
    CH- 350
    TA- 110-120- instructions said it should turn red, turned pink and then a dark pink
    CYA- 45- I sort of went cross-eyed doing this may need to try again

Is there not a way to get an accurate PH with this test? With the standard PH tester I am getting 8.2, which is on the high side

Do these results look OK?

Also, panel says salt is 2850, will add some this week to get back to 3400 or so
    Tallman Monterey (fiberglass), 16'x33', 11500 gallons, 480 sq/ft, Depth: 3' - 5' 6", Salt Water, TF-100, Pentair pump, sand filter, Easy Touch Control System, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tf-100 first test results

What's wrong with the pH test? 8.2 is a valid number. The scale stops there, so it could be even higher if that's what you're getting. A SWG and high TA both tend to push pH up, so it makes perfect sense since you have both.

You probably want to raise the CYA level a little, on account of the saltwater generator.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Richard, so PH of 8.2 is OK or shoud bring it down? I will work on the CYA, thanks

BTW, pool looks good, not having any issues, working to get accurate results and be able to use BBB going forward
    Tallman Monterey (fiberglass), 16'x33', 11500 gallons, 480 sq/ft, Depth: 3' - 5' 6", Salt Water, TF-100, Pentair pump, sand filter, Easy Touch Control System, SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

8.2 is too high. Use PoolMath and Muratic Acid to lower it. Make sure you put your correct TA in the results box to get an accurate measure for acid.

Yes - a hot magenta pink is what I would describe as the color when the TA test is done.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by WWells View Post
    Thanks Richard, so PH of 8.2 is OK or shoud bring it down? I will work on the CYA, thanks

BTW, pool looks good, not having any issues, working to get accurate results and be able to use BBB going forward
    No.... 8.2 is way too high. You need to lower it with acid. It may be higher than 8.2, so after you dose it according to poolmath, it might still end up being too high. It could take two or three doses of acid to get it in the safe zone between 7.2 and 7.8.

You made it sound like something was wrong with the test kit.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks all, I had some PH Down left over from pool store days, added it and will recheck around lunch time, will also get some muriatic acid

7. Back To Top    #7

You shouldn't use PH Down with an SWG
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom View Post
    You shouldn't use PH Down with an SWG
    Well that wont be a problem going forward, I only had about 25% of what was needed so decided to use it up and clear the container

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by WWells View Post
    Well that wont be a problem going forward, I only had about 25% of what was needed so decided to use it up and clear the container
    well that little amount got it down to 7.8, will keep an eye on it

I am now have 2 gallons of muriatic acid