SolarAttic - First Spring

Aug 14, 2013
Fayetteville, NY
Last August I installed a SolarAttic system. The Solar Attic is basically a radiator that goes in the attic, and transfers heat from the attic into the pool. I live in Upstate New York, which is not known for sun. I have actually never seen a solar pool installation around here. I was worried this area may not work well with a traditional roof panel setup. Last spring, I placed digital wireless thermometers up in the attic saw it met the specs for where they said it's effective. We also use a cover.

I opened the pool about 5 weeks ago at 45F. Yesterday we hit 85F. I hear other non-heated pools around here are in the low 70's. I thought I'd post some graphs about the temperatures this spring. It's clear that the cold nights we had a few weeks back were a killer, with about a week of hardly any sun. Right now, average daily air temperate for the last 7 days (calculated every 5 minutes) is about 66F, with average for 30 days at 63 or so.

First, the pool temps:
pump30day.png

Now combined with other temps: (For solar, the bold line means the system is on)
air30day (1).jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.