Hayward 1 horse constant pressure loss

Jun 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Hello there

I have an in-ground pool with the Hayward self priming pump and a Pantera sand filter. Everything has been working fine until this morning. The pump fills up and maintains perfect pressure for a few seconds then completely drains and refills. It does this constantly. I do not have a a weir door on the skimmer and don't think there is blockage or leakage because it does reach full pressure before collapsing. Does anyone know the answer to this Mystery?

Mine does the same thing but it's usually some air in my cleaner hose. Any chance you have a cleaner hose sucking air? Have you tried switching diverter valve to main drain or just cleaner depending on your setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the skimmer is sucking air. Make sure the water level is half way up the skimmer opening. Then watch the skimmer and make sure it is not sucking air.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.