AGP Oval Install Level, 1 inch off, use sand to fix?

Falzy

Jun 1, 2014
Harker Heights
I'm doing a one man install. I've got my area within a 1.5 inches of level. The pool will be 24 inches below ground at the highest, 34 at the lowest. I haven't leveled/installed any paver's yet, but I'm not far. I'm in central texas and hit caliche clay where it's at...hard as **** right now.

I'm not sure why this post went ****, I said "a rock" not bad language at all..

1. Can I use sand to finish leveling this bad boy off since it's below ground
2. Should I wait to get everything together then do that (if ya'll answer yes to question one).

Attachments

• Pool Dig.jpg
    Pool Dig.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 164
I'll say this. Mine is buried 2 feet. Low and behold like the day after it was installed, filled, and back filled, a nice rain washed out a spot you can stick your foot into about an inch deep. I'll fix that if I ever need to replace the liner.

Sand is terrible at filling in and leveling. You need a solid base, whether it's clay or crusher. At least with the crush, you can add and compact it and it won't wash out like sand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.