Searched high and low for this fitting and STILL cannot find it! HELP PLEASE!

Hi Guys...in the middle of my first ever inground pool install (couple updates in the "under construction" forum) and have ran into a seemingly small problem that I can't seem to properly solve... After alot of discussion on this site and elsewhere, I decided to go against my online pool supplier's advice of using 1.5" flex for my pool plumbing and insisted on upgrading to 2" flex. I was very happy with my decision and my pump, filter, and heat pump all have 2" fittings...more proof that I made the right decision. But today when putting in the main drains, I realized that the drain fittings, returns, and skimmer are all 1.5" female threaded. No biggy, I figured I'd just run down the road and pick up an adapter from 1.5" male threaded to 2" barbed for my 2" flex. Apparently that's not so simple. I literally spent the whole morning trying every pool store, hardware store, plumbing warehouse and pump service place in my whole city with no luck. Not one place had such a thing. One place did tell me they could order it but it was a minimum $75 order fee...when all I needed was $12 worth of parts. Does anyone have an online website they can recommend that would sell what I'm looking for (with very fast shipping?)
In the meantime, what I did find was a 1.5" male threaded to a 2" smooth slip fitting and just glued the 2" flex into it. Local pool guys says it'll work fine, but my installer feels alot better about using a barbed fitting, then gluing and clamping it...
Thanks in advance!

FlexPVC gets glued, poly gets barbed fittings and clamps. It doesn't work the other way around, FlexPVC will never seal properly to barbed fittings, and poly won't glue properly. Both kinds of incorrect connections will leak and/or fail.

Thanks guys!...Makes me feel alot better about the method we used. The hose is 2" Tigerflex... I'm pretty sure that's flex pvc... So it sounds like it should work great. We are pouring the hopper, footings and slabs for my shed and heat pump this morning! Progress is being made!

If this is what your builder is using STOP! That is not flex pvc! Everything I searched called Tigerflexbrought up this clear polyurethane hose that is not for in ground plumbing.

Flex PVC is rated schedule 40 for pressurized plumbing applications and can be buried or used above ground. It is very firm, but has some flex to it. It is white with small ridges spiraled along the length.

It's definitely the second stuff...flex pvc, all white, made for inground pools. I bought it from poolsuppliescanada.ca and they sell it at all my local pool stores...just charge an arm and a leg for it around here! Thanks so much for the advice though, much appreciated as always! ...Today we just finished pouring the hopper, footing, and slabs! Exciting day to have behind me! Gonna post an update in my thread in "under construction" with some pics...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.