Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Roof over grill question

1. Back To Top    #1

Roof over grill question

Right now I roll my grill out from under the roof before starting and after it gets going I roll it back if needed(rain). I'm planning a permanent BBQ island like some on here but not sure if I should keep my grill on wheels. Anybody else have a roof over there setup?
    19,000 gallon Vinyl IG
    1HP pump and Sand filter
    The simplest system you can imagine

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Roof over grill question

Lots of roofs over grills. If you are the searing type, and are worried about heat, put some type of hood or deflector above the BBQ.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a sun shade piece of fabric over my pergola above my grill about 9ft up. My grill is 36" off the ground, so there is a 6ft air buffer to dissipate the heat. I have had my grill on full blast for 30-40mins and fireplace going for hours no problem.
    20k Inground StoneScape mini pebble Tahoe Blue pool/spa combo. Intellifow VS 3050 / Intellitouch Control Panel 4 circuit / Pentair 24" Water Fall feature / Pentair Cartridge filter / Solar / Raypack 400k Gas Heater / Starite Max E 1.5 HP jaccuzi Pump / Sta rite Booster pump / Polaris 380. Click Here to see Outdoor Kitchen Fireplace Build

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like I'm good to go. I'll probably add a deflector
    19,000 gallon Vinyl IG
    1HP pump and Sand filter
    The simplest system you can imagine