Hello from New Member

May 30, 2014
Pomona, CA
Loving TFP!
Bought our house almost a year ago, green swamp included. Took a few weeks to get the water clear and (mostly) balanced, but I have been able to handle nearly any task with the help of TFP and YouTube since then.
When I finally got the pool clear we noticed a very noticeable concrete patch on the bottom of the pool and a crackled/spotty surface, I'm sure that's why the investor we bought the house from kept the pool green. It seems as though (the years? of) neglect was not kind to the pool's surface as it is pitted and sand papery (especially on soggy toes!), I assume the levels of alkalinity and hardness being out of whack for who knows how long caused it.

Anyone have any insight into what resurfacing is going to cost? I'm in Los Angeles County.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Costs will vary considerably from plan white plaster to pebble finishes and whether you are replacing tile as well. Start calling around and getting quotes.

I would guess between $5-10k

Thanks jblizzle,

About what I was expecting, if it gets done this year it won't be 'til the fall, I'll post quotes and pics then. I'm a fan of the more traditional white plaster, it reminds of summer as a kid. I'll probably be doing the tiles and coping as well.

Out of curiosity any thoughts on painting a plaster pool?