solar cover question to keep it in place

Need some help is there anything you can do to keep your solar cover on the pool? I have a 4' x 24' round above ground pool and the west wind is strong where I live and nothing to stop the wind. Any ideas if you have any should would help..
thanks for all your help

Need some help is there anything you can do to keep your solar cover on the pool? I have a 4' x 24' round above ground pool and the west wind is strong where I live and nothing to stop the wind. Any ideas if you have any should would help..
thanks for all your help

I have the exact same issue with a 28' x 54" round Doughboy Tuscany.

Is there a solar cover anchor or perimeter clip system anyone knows of?

Help us!! ;)

Fill 3 or 4 empty chlorine jugs with pool water and throw them on the top of the cover. They won't sink and it holds it in place. Place one for every quarter of cover.

should I put them on the outside of the perimeter about a foot or so in so they are not to close to the edge does that sound right? thanks for you reply.:D I will have to save some milk bottles since I don't use chlorine. lol

Thanks for the tip. Seems to be doing the trick on keeping it down on the water, and I poured some water on top of it to help.

My set up has the roll up reel right in the center span of the pool and between the straps and the fold over for clip attachment the wind was grabbing those like a kite and shifting the cover with the wind. You'll get a kick out of this redneck trick to keep it to the West side...but it's working so far. I have one of those big black spring binder clips attached to a bungee that is holding the west edge of the solar cover to keep it from drifting.

binder clip.jpg

I'll add a pic of how it's rigged, if I think of it. Hoping the deck we put around pool next month takes care of some of it. Bungee is outside of pool away from liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.