New Pool Pilot Digital Nano+, Wiring ?

bs911

Aug 29, 2013
Williamsport, MD
Hi. Have had my new Nano+ purchased from the SaltPoolGuys running for a couple weeks now. Talk about a breeze to order, install, and get up and running. All I'm doing now is tweaking pump run times and SWG output %, and enjoying sparkling, clear water.

Here's the question. The unit I got is the 110v model to match my 110v pump. A convenient part of that is a standard household 3 prong plug at the end of the Nano power cord. I currently have that plugged into a GFCI outlet next to my pump, however, that outlet is not on the same circuit as my pump, which means it isn't controlled by my timer for the circuit in the basement. I've read in a couple threads here that I really need to get the SWG to NOT rely on the flow switch and have it on the same circuit so it goes cold when the pump does. (Confirm?)

What would be the more "proper" way to do this? Strip down the plug end of the Nano+ to hard wire into the pump electrical junction box at the pad? Or run another GFCI outlet off the pump circuit so the Nano+ can still simply plug in? Or does it matter?

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.