Better look at my pool

Ugh ... what a mess. At least the car did not end up in the water like some people have posted. A few bricks should not affect the water chemistry, but a bunch of oil and gasoline in the water can not be fun to deal with.

I guess now that it's been a few years it's okay to laugh about it. I bet that was stressful. (I fear in time I will experience a similar situation.)

Sorry did not get pictures, getting the Kawasaki Mule out of the pool was the priority, I can show you pictures of the scrape marks left on the coping though, but first a lunch break, then I will dig them up.

Ike

p.s. here goes the picture and the story:

pool-hottub.jpg

The story goes like this, the Kawasaki Mule which was normally parked just outside the french doors seen on the right of the photo, it had just been returned from the shop, where someone forgot to re-install a return spring on the throttle, so while parking it hitting the brakes did almost nothing, it then went through the doors, it just barely cleared by a fraction of an inch (it it had been an inch to either side the door frame would have stopped it), popping the doors off their hinges, but surprisingly did not break any of the glass panes or the wood (sheered the hinge plates). As you can see in the photo the doors are offset slightly from the end of the pool, so that the left wheels on the Mule went into the water on the shallow end and the right wheels stayed on the decking. If you look carefully at the coping you can see part of the scuff mark left from the undercarriage of the Mule as it flipped onto its left side in the Shallow end of the pool. This happened about 15 years ago or so before everyone had a digital camera with them at all times.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.