My winter cover had a hole in it and we opened the pool 2 weeks ago to a pond with lots of frogs and green water. After all of the organic material was vacuumed and scooped out, I brought the pool water level up to where it is supposed to be and added the chemicals needed. I shocked it 3 times hoping that it would kill anything else that tried to start blooming. We still have cloudiness, but it is not improving. I shocked it again last night but was hoping this morning after running the pump all night it would be fairly clear, but it was not. Here are my current numbers:
Chlorine: 6.0 (post shock)
Also, I have noticed that there are some floating things in the pool that kind of resembles soap, but its not really foamy. I read that it could be from air on the suction side. I have replaced the o-ring on the pump lid but it still appears that there is some bubbles in that basket. I am not sure what else to check.