I was just looking at a website about the effects of silver in the environment. Here's the link:
http://www.inchem.org/documents/cicads/ ... icad44.htm
I was looking at the section on aquatic environment. The first paragraph really jumped out at me:
7.1 Aquatic environment
In solution, ionic silver is extremely toxic to aquatic plants and animals (Nehring, 1976; Nelson et al., 1976; Calabrese et al., 1977a; Gould & MacInnes, 1977; Smith & Carson, 1977; US EPA, 1980; Buhl & Hamilton, 1991; Bryan & Langston, 1992), and aqueous concentrations of 1â€“5 Âµg/litre killed sensitive species of aquatic organisms, including representative species of insects, daphnids, amphipods, trout, flounder, and dace. At nominal water concentrations of 0.5â€“4.5 Âµg/litre, accumulations in most species of exposed organisms were high and had adverse effects on growth in algae, clams, oysters, snails, daphnids, amphipods, and trout; moulting in mayflies; and histopathology in mussels (Eisler, 1997).
Do I think the pool frog will kill people or make them extremely sick? No, I do not. If it did, it never would have been approved for sale. My point in bringing this up is, saying pool frog & other mineral systems is safer than a chlorine only pool is a lie. If something is strong enough to kill the bacteria and algae in a pool, then it is strong enough to cause harm to people if overdosed on. Period. There is no such thing as a "miracle substance" that is totally harmless to people but totally deadly to algae and bacteria. The only way to get and maintain a safe pool is to keep it balanced.