London Broil, the true classic recipe

Kellychaison

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2014
Montpelier, Virginia
London Broil is a great outdoor summer steak and it is as easy as it comes.

Flank Steak 3 lb average, when its on sale I buy it up.

all you do is marinate it in Regular Kraft Catalina French Dressing for 24 hours. Not low fat.

You grill the whole Flank to your desired temperature, cut into the middle of the flank if you do not have a great feel for steak temps and check.

Once cooked throw it on your large cutting board with longer ends horizontally across your cutting board

Best using a carving knife lay you knife almost flat against the flank and carve thin slices. Once I am done scrubbing my pool till my arms fall off I will post a video.

Sautee up some mushrooms to go on top. YUM

Never marinated with Catalina. I'll have to try that!

London Broil seems to be the only thing that goes on sale anymore around here.

I like to marinade it overnight in a mix of soy, worcestershire, mustard, molasses, vegetable oil, and liquid smoke overnight.

I prefer flank steak, but it is over $2 a pound more.

I REALLY like hanger steak (onglet) but that is also pricey (and I don't marinate that, just grill, slice, and serve over pommes frite). A sprinkle of salt and pepper and you are good to go.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.