Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: London Broil, the true classic recipe

1. Back To Top    #1

London Broil, the true classic recipe

London Broil is a great outdoor summer steak and it is as easy as it comes.

Flank Steak 3 lb average, when its on sale I buy it up.

all you do is marinate it in Regular Kraft Catalina French Dressing for 24 hours. Not low fat.

You grill the whole Flank to your desired temperature, cut into the middle of the flank if you do not have a great feel for steak temps and check.

Once cooked throw it on your large cutting board with longer ends horizontally across your cutting board

Best using a carving knife lay you knife almost flat against the flank and carve thin slices. Once I am done scrubbing my pool till my arms fall off I will post a video.

Sautee up some mushrooms to go on top. YUM
    40,000 gallon, vinyl liner, sand filter, oldie but goodie, Chef for all your cooking questions!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: London Broil, the true classic recipe

Catalina is also what I use to marinate flanks and londons. Another one of my favs is to marinate shrimp and scallop kabobs In teriyaki sauce and toss them in a grill basket with some peppers and onions.
    22,000 gallon in ground, gunite, Hayward pump 1.5 hp and 36sq DE filter. Pool installation date unknown, at least 10 years. Screened enclosure.

3. Back To Top    #3

Never marinated with Catalina. I'll have to try that!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Tedb
    Another one of my favs is to marinate shrimp and scallop kabobs In teriyaki sauce and toss them in a grill basket with some peppers and onions.
    Dittos to that. I've done the same thing and it turns out great!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

nummy nummy
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Never marinated with Catalina. I'll have to try that!
    Count me in the "never used before" crowd.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

7. Back To Top    #7

We have used Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix for a marinade. Now we are mostly going with rubs. However I agree London Broil is excellent on the grill.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

8. Back To Top    #8

London Broil seems to be the only thing that goes on sale anymore around here.

I like to marinade it overnight in a mix of soy, worcestershire, mustard, molasses, vegetable oil, and liquid smoke overnight.

I prefer flank steak, but it is over $2 a pound more.

I REALLY like hanger steak (onglet) but that is also pricey (and I don't marinate that, just grill, slice, and serve over pommes frite). A sprinkle of salt and pepper and you are good to go.

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo