My readings after about 2.5 inches of rainfall

Apr 7, 2014
Florida
I have my test kit Taylor 2006 and I put all my numbers in the poolmath.....
FC=6.5
CC=0.5
PH=7.5
TA=125
CYA=40 (outside but cloudy no sun ...till I no longer see black dot)
CH 425
Water Temp 80
My TA is high and CH....poolmath says just to add to CYA but nothing for TA is this right? Thank you for all your help and I am really happy to find this forum...so much useful info!!

You can add muriatic acid to lower your PH to 7.2........aerate the pool to raise PH again............then add more acid which will lower your TA. It is a process..takes awhile. Your cya might need to be 50 depending on chlorine consumption.

Ok, I will add the muriatic acid. I am just nervous about adding CYA ...because it was up there at one point....does it make a difference if sun is not out when doing this test? I know it says to do it with back to sun...maybe I will wait and see if the sun comes out again then retest CYA.

Leave it alone if it makes you uncomfortable. I would raise it to 50 in FLorida, as woodyp suggests, but you can always go up there after a couple of weeks when your pool is "tuned in" better

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.