Hayward total warranty

May 29, 2014
Simi Valley, CA
I am buying all new pool equipment and am considering using all Hayward products not just for the cost but to take advantage of the extended 3 year warranty that is included. Anyone gotten this warranty and have experience with it? I cannot get much info on its requirements other than 3 Hayward products and don't want to miss any loop holes.

Thanks for the info. I am torn at the moment. Hayward does do the warranty and it is pretty up front but since posting I have received several opinions stating that though the warranty is there it is often ignored by Hayward. Further Pentair is being touted as a superior line of products though their warranty has many loop holes which are used. Soo unsure which way to go.

I think the Hayward 3 yr system warrant has been around for a while....when I fixed our pool back in 2003 I know all of my equipment was eligible for it

I never had to use the warranty outside of the standard 1 yr. But within 1 year I needed a replacement case for my pump, since the drain plug threads stripped somehow. Its only plastic so I probably could have fixed it myself but I gave Hayward a call and they gave me zero issues with sending out a whole new case. So I give them credit (but that was back in 2003/2004).

Honestly a lot of this stuff isnt rocket science. Filter and pump are pretty basic....are you getting an SWG too? I could see the warranty coming in handy there, but you could also get a different brand SWG that comes with a standard 3 yr warranty.

I stick with Hayward stuff because its what Ive always known....I dont think Ive ever seen a pool in my area (CT) that isnt Hayward-powered. Granted, its also what the pool stores have the most of. If my Hayward stuff ever dies Ill consider other brands but so far so good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.