Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward total warranty

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward total warranty

I am buying all new pool equipment and am considering using all Hayward products not just for the cost but to take advantage of the extended 3 year warranty that is included. Anyone gotten this warranty and have experience with it? I cannot get much info on its requirements other than 3 Hayward products and don't want to miss any loop holes.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward total warranty

I had heard of Pentair doing that...glad to hear that Hayward is following suit! I'd just give the company a call to make sure everything's clear.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

The equiment may have to be installed by an authorized dealer.

Pool Details: 25,440 Gal IG Vinyl 21x40 Mountain Pond (Graphex)
    Filter: Hayward Micro-Clear DE (48 Sq Ft)
    Pump: Hayward SP2603VSP VS Super Pump
    SWG: Circupool Si45
    Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820

4. Back To Top    #4

All my equip is Hayward and had to be installed by my builder to get 3 yr warranty.

12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the info. I am torn at the moment. Hayward does do the warranty and it is pretty up front but since posting I have received several opinions stating that though the warranty is there it is often ignored by Hayward. Further Pentair is being touted as a superior line of products though their warranty has many loop holes which are used. Soo unsure which way to go.

6. Back To Top    #6

I think the Hayward 3 yr system warrant has been around for a while....when I fixed our pool back in 2003 I know all of my equipment was eligible for it

I never had to use the warranty outside of the standard 1 yr. But within 1 year I needed a replacement case for my pump, since the drain plug threads stripped somehow. Its only plastic so I probably could have fixed it myself but I gave Hayward a call and they gave me zero issues with sending out a whole new case. So I give them credit (but that was back in 2003/2004).

Honestly a lot of this stuff isnt rocket science. Filter and pump are pretty basic....are you getting an SWG too? I could see the warranty coming in handy there, but you could also get a different brand SWG that comes with a standard 3 yr warranty.

I stick with Hayward stuff because its what Ive always known....I dont think Ive ever seen a pool in my area (CT) that isnt Hayward-powered. Granted, its also what the pool stores have the most of. If my Hayward stuff ever dies Ill consider other brands but so far so good.
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell