Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ruined my new cartridge filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Ruined my new cartridge filter?

I am trying to clear a dirty pool and typically spray the filter, dunk it in bleach water, and put it back in. I inadvertently used bleach with a 'fabric protector'. I have ordered a new filter but does anyone know how I may clean this one...regular bleach, TSP, filter cleaner, anything? I've only used it for 2 days!
    AG 30' round
    Hayward 1.5 hp/cartridge filter
    Nashville, TN

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Ruined my new cartridge filter?

Just put it back together and use it. Probably all it will do is cause foaming. Regular bleach should break the foam down over time.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ruined my new cartridge filter?

There has been quite a bit of sticky foam that I thought was from the pool. When it didn't seem to be working as well as it should, I checked the bleach and found that I was using something that was supposed to prevent dirt from clinging to the fabric. Whoa! I want just the opposite! Hopefully it will work it's way out and won't be a waste. Thanks for the reply!
    AG 30' round
    Hayward 1.5 hp/cartridge filter
    Nashville, TN