Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning up pool bottom

1. Back To Top    #1

Flintstone, GA USA

Cleaning up pool bottom

I had a leak in my in-ground pool who was due to a worn out hydrostatic valve. I replaced he valve and am refilling the pool with water.
    I cleaned the pool as good as I could but it is still a little dirty in spots (not bad at all). I would like to know if it would hurt after I fill up the pool
    to put some muriatic acid in the pool water to help clean it up?

If this is possible then how much do I need to add to my 18 x 36 foot pool which is 9 1/2 feet on one end and 3 feet on the other?

If this is not the proper thing to do what would you suggest?

The bottom is plastered and in good shape so I felt that I did not want to go to the expense of re-plastering the pool and also felt that it would
    not be a good idea to paint it because once you paint it then I suppose you will have to keep that up.

18 x 36 Grecian Polynesian Fiberglass Walls with Concrete bottom - 3 ft to 9 1/2 ft. deep -
    Hayward Variable Speed Super Pump SP2600VS 1 1/2 True HP,Hayward sand filter S200, and Hayward auto clorinator. Hayward 250,000 natural gas heater. PoolKeeper automatic water leveler. Loop Loc Ultra Solid Safety Cover. Hayward Color Logic 12 volt light. Dual Pool Deck Jets.
    Polaris 380 auto cleaner. Trouble Free Test Kit TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Cleaning up pool bottom

Muriatic acid will not help. Your best bet is brushing with a stainless steel brush and then vacuuming up whatever that loosens up.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School