Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: aquacal aerotemp heat pump thinks water is 94 degrees when its probably 64

1. Back To Top    #1

aquacal aerotemp heat pump thinks water is 94 degrees when its probably 64

Hi, we don't use our heat pump often, except at the start of the season. I opened the pool late this year (1 week ago)and the temp on our aerotemp heat pump is reading 94 degrees when it's probably closer to 64. Is this something I can fix myself with a new part, or do I need to call a pool service person?
    Btw, the highest temp setting is 95 and I tried to set it to that, but the pump still didn't turn on.
    Thanks!!
    25,000 gallon gunite pool with waterfall (built 2000 - owner as of 2009), Aerotemp / Aquacal heat pump AT12000-A, Hayward DE4800 Filter, AOS UST1202 Motor, Hydro-King T104P201 Timer, Meyco pool cover, Pentair Model 320 Auto Chlorine Feeder. Located in Massachusetts.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: aquacal aerotemp heat pump thinks water is 94 degrees when its probably 64

Update, I turned off the fuse for the heater and turned it back on and the temp was reading 85 degrees (i'm guessing true temp is in the 60s) but the heat pump turned on, which is a good sign that the problem is just with the temperature sensor.
    i called aquacal and they are going to send someone out next week. it'll cost $95 for the evaluation. Hopefully they'll have the part in the van.. I'd prefer to fix it ourselves if I could buy the part so if anyone has any advice, we would welcome it
    25,000 gallon gunite pool with waterfall (built 2000 - owner as of 2009), Aerotemp / Aquacal heat pump AT12000-A, Hayward DE4800 Filter, AOS UST1202 Motor, Hydro-King T104P201 Timer, Meyco pool cover, Pentair Model 320 Auto Chlorine Feeder. Located in Massachusetts.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: aquacal aerotemp heat pump thinks water is 94 degrees when its probably 64

Quote Originally Posted by patplh View Post
    Update, I turned off the fuse for the heater and turned it back on and the temp was reading 85 degrees (i'm guessing true temp is in the 60s) but the heat pump turned on, which is a good sign that the problem is just with the temperature sensor.
    i called aquacal and they are going to send someone out next week. it'll cost $95 for the evaluation. Hopefully they'll have the part in the van.. I'd prefer to fix it ourselves if I could buy the part so if anyone has any advice, we would welcome it

How did this work out for you? Im having a problem with my sensor too.
    New Hampshire, 25K gallons, chlorine, IG, vinyl liner, new Hayward DE filter, new pump, 1 skimmer, paramount in-floor cleaning system with deck-side canister and a by-passed heater the pool store broke.