OK I just opened my pool to a green swap and so reading the pool school and attempting to slam it.
I punched these numbers into pool math:
0 FC -> 29 FC
It recommended a shock level of 29 and to get to that from 0, 1063 oz of 8.25 bleach. I added, tested after half hour with pump running and got 12 FC. Waited another half hour thinking maybe it just hadnt mixed all the way, got 11.5. Both times I got 1 CC.
I added the bleach by pouring over the deep end returns and am using the TF-100 test kit.
Any thoughts on what I should do? Did I add too much at once? Could my bleach (all new bottles of Crystal brand) be bad?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.