absorbic acid treatment and pH level

Jul 6, 2013
I have a SWG pool and am going to do an absorbic acid treatment this week (have been waiting for Chlorine to go down). Per the treatment I understand that the pH should be 7.2 or lower, however, the SWG guidelines suggest 7.5-7.8 for maintenance. After ensuring metals are sequestered with the ProMetal treatment should I maintain 7.5 or 7.2 pH?

Thanks,
Traci

During the AA treatment you lower the PH, but when the AA treatment is over your raise the PH back up. The PH needs to be low while the AA is working, and then you have to bring it up very slowly, just as your bring FC up very slowly. But once the treatment is over, you go back to doing everything normally, including PH.

If stains return and you catch it right away, lower the PH a little and add sequestrant. AA is only useful if you go through the whole treatment process.

Have you read this writeup on doing the AA treatment? I goes though all of these things and much more.

Yes, I've read and reread the treatment process so many times...I'm quite scared of the process. I've even read the comments where someone added 6lbs of aa and then another 6lbs. I only have 5 lbs for a 21,000 gal pool so i'm worried what to do if stains reappear since I ordered my AA online. I have 2 qt of ProTeam Metal Magic and A&H laundry wash. I'm just not sure how long to wait between adding more AA and when to start added ProTeam Metal Magic...

Holt...I just went through the AA treatment last week, posted under a different thread. I followed the guidelines laid out and saw results immediately. However, my staining was extensive, so all of the stain did not lift immediately. I ordered more AA thinking I would treat again, but while waiting for the product to arrive, most of the stain has since lifted on its own. I have had the filter running 24/7 for a week and running FC low with the help of some polyquat. Pool looks great. Go for it...my pool is 30K and I used 5 #'s AA, you will probably be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.