LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I opened last week and have the numbers below. If I use Traditional pool settings in poolcalculator it tells me to up my CH a little. But I am on target for Troublefree pool settings. Is there an advantage of one over the other. Thus far I have only added 12.5%.

15x30 above ground oval approx 12000 gals water. Liquid Chlorine only. TF-100

Opened 5/24
Test 6/1

PH 7.5
FC 2.5 drop test
CC 0
TA 80
CH 160
CYA about 45-50 much better than the 100+ I was pushing for the last 2 years. Exchanged a lot of water.

I am not sure what Traditional numbers are but regardless...

Your FC needs to come up into the 4-6 ppm range and then kept there....never dropping below 4 ppm.

Everything else looks very good. I assume your water is clear so it is time to go swimming!

If it were my pool I would target 8 and never let it fall below 4. That gives you a little more wiggle room for FC burn off so you don't fall below your min. Everything else looks good. Good job ! ?

Water is pristine but cold. It opened that way, just a little dust on the bottom. Opening was fun, My GFCI was working til I hit test and it never reset. So I replaced that. I hardpiped last year. Took pipes in for winter and left unions on pool and filter. Noticed one of my male threads on the union/valve cracked. I think someone knocked it off the shelf or stepped on it. It had stress cracks, I only hand tighten. Had to fix that. But all is good, gotta love PVC. Cut/couple/glue. I usually run the chlorine about 6-7 range, I added 32 oz 12.5% about an hour ago. It was sunny here today and I tested at dusk.

Traditional is sort of a polite way of saying "pool store" ideal values.

You have a vinyl lined pool. You won't be leaching Calcium out of the walls if the pH drops too low, so it doesn't matter if you have any CH in the water. A little bit helps prevent foaming on the surface, and 160 CH should be good for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.