Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Assistance Needed - SWG water Balance - Want to do it right!

1. Back To Top    #1

Assistance Needed - SWG water Balance - Want to do it right!

Hello All ~

I have finally gotten a handle on the newly installed digital ProLogic system....and it's great!

Had the green monster hang around almost all month according to my house sitter (was out of town)...but slammed the pool and as I am looking at it right now it's blue and clear and pretty.

Today's Conditions:
    Outside Temp - 75 (at 7:30 ET, had high of 82 today)
    Pool temp - 78
    Digital Salt read out - 4100

Pool Appearance:
    Clear and Blue (cloudiness of earlier this afternoon is gone and so it the green monster for now)

Chem Readings (Test Kit TF-100)
    CYA = 0
    TA = 50
    CL = shock level (blue box kit, very very bright yellow)
    Ph 7.5

HELP NEEDED
    How should I proceed...as to low TA and CYA, what do I do first second and how much do I do of what?

I've read through the pool school and SWG balance levels etc, but I want to make sure that I am doing this right and do no create more of a problem.
    Thanks in advance for your help, suggestions and comments.
    Cheerio, NC Salt
    NCSalt! IG - Mountain Lake 21x40/Vinyl Liner Fiberglass stairs/Hayward Sand Filter/Polaris 3900 w/Booster-pump (5060)/SWG Aqua Rite-Prologic-T-15 cell/Hayward Elec. Heat Pump/2 skimmers/Gallons: 18900/900 sq ft stamped concrete/Concrete Coping/TF100-Test Kit Hot tub: Dynasty Spa/Neptune Series, 5-person, 400 gallons, carbon filter plus 2 regular filters, LED color lights. "I control my pool, and not the other way around":-)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Assistance Needed - SWG water Balance - Want to do it right!

Raise TA to 70.
    Raise CYA to the 40 to 50 range, test and adjust further in a week.
    If the SWG has a high salt error, replace just a little water to get salt below 4000.
    Remember to add chlorine manually until the SWG is working.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Assistance Needed - SWG water Balance - Want to do it right!

Thanks Jason....

TA is up to 60....waiting to see if I reach 70 tomorrow.
    Have not been able to lower Salt yet, even though I drained some water and added some fresh water.
    CYA I will wait until I raised TA and lowered Salt.

Pool is: Blue, clear, and clean. Been manually adding Bleach.

Again, thank you so much for your help - I will post again in a few days.
    NCSalt! IG - Mountain Lake 21x40/Vinyl Liner Fiberglass stairs/Hayward Sand Filter/Polaris 3900 w/Booster-pump (5060)/SWG Aqua Rite-Prologic-T-15 cell/Hayward Elec. Heat Pump/2 skimmers/Gallons: 18900/900 sq ft stamped concrete/Concrete Coping/TF100-Test Kit Hot tub: Dynasty Spa/Neptune Series, 5-person, 400 gallons, carbon filter plus 2 regular filters, LED color lights. "I control my pool, and not the other way around":-)