I'm a new member - I posted an intro in that forum, and all of our equipment and pool details are listed after my signature.
Last year I installed a Pentair Intelliflo VS filter pump - absolutely love it - less noise, less $ to electricity provider. At the time, I did not hook up the communications cable to the Intellitouch panel, and just operated it at the pump for the season. Today, we hooked up the comm cable, following the instructions in the manual, and discovered that the indoor wired control panel can no longer communicate with the Intellitouch outdoor controller (i9+3s). The error on the panel saying "See Indoor Control Panel if flashing" is flashing.
We rechecked all the connections, and then actually removed the pump communications cable from the controller - still same errors. Powered everything off & restarted, reset the controller using the button on the outdoor panel, and even pulled off all the wires and checked continuity between the two controllers (fine). Any time I initiate a query or command at the indoor panel, I get a message saying "there is an error retrieving the data." I cannot reset the time, cannot program the panel, cannot really do anything from the indoor panel. We are able to operate all the equipment if in service mode, but ONLY the filter pump in automatic mode. And then, the pump has to be controlled from its faceplate, not from the indoor controller. And weirdly enough, the light for the pump DOES light up on the indoor panel, but now there is a "FREEZE ON" message that I've never seen before and have no idea what it means.
So my questions are:
1. Is my motherboard fried again? If so, could that have really have happened with just hooking up a comm cable?
2. Or is my indoor controller fried?
3. How can I determine if either of the above it true?
4. Or....is it possible that somehow hooking up the pump caused the versions of the two controllers to be out of sync? My indoor is at version 1.130, and my notes say that the outdoor was also at 1.130 when installed in September 2010. If this is the case, what do I do?
5. What does "FREEZE ON" mean?
Thanks in advance for any help!
18,000 gunnite salt pool, installed in 2007 with following equipment:
Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s controller with Intellitouch indoor (wired) control panel
Pentair Intelliflo VS filter pump
Pentair Legend pool cleaner w/Pentair LA01N booster pump
Pentair Intellichlor chlorine generator IC40
Pentair Whisperflo pump for waterfall feature
Sta-Rite Cartridge filter