Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Pilot Digital Nano - Year 4 - Top Marks

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Pilot Digital Nano - Year 4 - Top Marks

I think I was the first member on TFP to get the Pool Pilot Digital Nano. Installed on July 31, 2010, it is less than 2 months shy of its 4th birthday. I haven't seen a ton of chatter here about the Nano, but I have seen a few vague complaints. The problem with looking to the internet for reviews is that people who are p*&%d off are waaay more likely to go online to complain than those that are pleased.

My review in a nutshell: perfect.

4 years of virtually no effort pool maintenance and very little additional cost. 2 cups muriatic acid per week is about it. Annual inspection of the cell reveals no buildup.

I am a bit of a DIY'er and installation of the Nano was a straightforward, one day affair. A little PVC plumbing and a simple electrical connection in parallel with the low speed side of my 2-speed pump.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool Pilot Digital Nano - Year 4 - Top Marks

Very happy to hear you enjoying the Nano.

Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

Josh, I didn't buy the Nano from you...I don't think I knew who you were at the time, but I will definitely buy from you in the future. I am thinking about getting a replacement cell to put in the shelf. I have read that 4 to 7 years is normal life expectancy, so it's probably wise to have one on hand.

TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the review - it makes me feel better about my Nano plus installed this year. It's also helped by my pool's constant pH decline due to acidic rain. I still have to adjust up but only once every 2-3 weeks where it used to be an every-time-it-rains maintenance item.
    12x20x52 AG ~6000 gallons (2ft bury), Waterway PH2100-6 1HP 2 spd pump, Hayward Xtreme 100sqft filter,
    Pool Pilot Digital Nano Plus SWG 5/2014, Hayward Heat Pump HP50HA 8/2014, Wanda the Whale cleaner