Stabilizer powder on bottom of vinyl pool liner

aliso

May 14, 2012
I opened my pool today and added some stabilizer that i picked up from Walmart last year. I added 56 ounces as i could still see the black dot on the bottom of the tube when testing my CYA. The water was cloudy so i figured i had about 20 for CYA. I put the stabilizer in a nylon stocking and hung it in front of the jet. I had to leave for a few hours and my husband said there was white powder all over the bottom of the pool floor and vacuumed it up. He said he heard the stabilizer could damage the pool liner if left sitting there. Is this ok? Did i do something wrong or is this normal?

Thank you,
Alison

Tell him Thank You for cleaning it up. It could have faded the liner there.
What happened to the nylon stocking ? You can do it that way or put the nylon stocking in the skimmer basket. Make sure pump is running until it's all dissolved. ?

Thank you for the replies. My husband removed the nylon stocking as there was not any stabilizer left in it. Just to be clear if i have to do this again is it normal for everyone to have granules scattered through out the pool floor when using this method? I don't want to ruin my vinyl liner. Would just putting the stocking in the skimmer basket avoid this? It only took a few hours for this to dissolve in front of the jet. Does it take longer to dissolve if just placing stocking in skimmer basket?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.