New member in PA

Jun 1, 2014
NEW LONDON, PA
I'm a new member to this site, but our pool is not new - it is an 18,000 gal gunnite in ground salt pool with a waterfall feature, all Pentair products (listed below) and has generally been easy to keep and maintain. It was installed in July 2007, and generally is used/open from May to early October each year.

Pentair IntelliTouch controller with Intellitouch indoor (wired) control panel
Pentair Intelliflo VS filter pump (LOVE it - installed it myself last summer)
Pentair Legend pool cleaner w/Pentair LA01N booster pump
Pentair Intellichlor chlorine generator IC40
Pentair Whisperflo pump for waterfall feature
Sta-Rite Cartridge filter

Here's our history:
Lightning hit the outdoor controller - fried the motherboard. Replaced it in 2010.
On third (maybe fourth?) chlorine generator. Not sure why we had issues - all replaced under warranty. Current one replaced in 2009 and working fine.
Replaced original one speed filter pump in 2010; replaced that one with the VS pump in 2013. Love how quiet it is!
Replaced booster pump for cleaner this past weekend.

And....the reason for me joining the forum - attempted to connect the comm cable for the VS pump to the Intellitouch outdoor controller today. After doing so, communications between the indoor and outdoor panels has failed....wires have been checked for continuity, and we have the outdoor panel several times, powered it down and reset it, etc. etc. Ugh!

I'm going to post the problem in a separate thread....but just wanted to say hi and introduce myself here.