LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have large areas - 3-4 ft - where the blue liner is now bleached white. How badly does the liner weaken? We have had it for ~ 6 years. I looked thru other threads but did not see anything specific about weakened liners. Thanks for your comments. :cool:

Are you dosing chlorine next to this *white spot* ? If you are, you may want to point the eyeball more towards the middle of the pool and then readjust the eyeball once dosing is complete. :goodjob:

Casey: Thanks for the info. It happened because of pouring bleach in around the sides before opening the pool, when the pump was not running, only a sump pump and hose were circulating the water. :hammer:
I also bleached the deep end too, using the same dumb method. :brickwall:

Oops on you! lol

As mentioned above, you probably won't have issues unless you drain it. I would keep an eye on it and if it looks and feels brittle, you may want to consider a new liner and NOT dump bleach in it without the filter running!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.