Fas-dpd testing

Apr 30, 2014
Lumberton,nc
OK guys easy on me here I'm woman lol so little bit clueless. I just tested water using Taylor k-2006 fas DPD kit. I used the 10 ml sample water because my little dipper said 0.05 on it so I assumed this was correct thing to do. After testing and multiplying drops x 0.5 I came up with 8.5 ppm for fc and 0.5 for cc. Are these numbers good lol?

OK guys easy on me here I'm woman lol so little bit clueless. I just tested water using Taylor k-2006 fas DPD kit. I used the 10 ml sample water because my little dipper said 0.05 on it so I assumed this was correct thing to do. After testing and multiplying drops x 0.5 I came up with 8.5 ppm for fc and 0.5 for cc. Are these numbers good lol?
"Good" is a relative term.

Your FC level is dependent on your CYA level. If CYA is below 100, then, yes, you're good. http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

It's a bit high for a pool with no CYA, but still low enough for swimming in.

My cya level was 40 if that helps
If you check that FC/CYA chart you'll see you're a little high on FC, which is wasteful. But you're still below shock level.

You never want FC below 3 with 40 CYA, and when you dose, aim for 5. When you recheck it the next day, if you're below 3, then target 6 the next day. If you're losing more than 4 in 24 hours without a bunch of kids or drunk adults to blame for it, then you have a problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.