Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Alaskan Pool Owner.......

1. Back To Top    #1

New Alaskan Pool Owner.......

Hello TFP!
    As of yesterday, I bought a new to me, 8 yr old 27' AG Hayward Pool. Oh the fun I hope to have! We outgrew our 15 foot Intex pool last year and have passed that on to other friends. I really wanted a more permanent pool, bigger and deeper! Gotta love Craigslist! Anyway, under the advise of the seller, we disassembled it yesterday so I now have a general idea on what to expect when erecting it. During the disassembly process, a couple of the feet broke, the plastic half moon shaped feet and now I can't seem to find them on the net! Anyway, I'm hoping to get the instruction manual from Hayward tomorrow when they open and also try to find some feet! Here's a pic of it coming down....... I hope I can post a pic of it going up by next weekend!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Alaskan Pool Owner.......

Are you at least planning on installing a new liner?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

There were no leaks......Should I? This being my first "real" pool I thought I could just re-use it.

4. Back To Top    #4

Awful risky to be reusing an 8 year old liner. That thing is gonna be brittle in a heart beat.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

The pool isn't Hayward. Pump and filter probably, pool no.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP! We don't get many members from Alaska, so it will be interesting to follow this thread and see how your pool and summer progresses.

I'm going to defer to the others on whether the liner should be replaced as I don't have as much experience on above-ground pools and vinyl liners. But wanted to welcome you aboard nonetheless.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.