Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool guy put bromine tabs in my chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation pool guy put bromine tabs in my chlorinator

Hi,
    I have a 20,000 gallon gunite pool in SoCal, Riverside. The CYA levels were high, and the pool man put bromine tabs in my chlorinator. I didn't notice until the water was getting all foamy.
    I took the tabs out, and shocked the pool. I don't know what to do. Is it possible the Bromine levels didn't get too high, or am I doomed? Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool guy put bromine tabs in my chlorinator

Just keep the FC up and keep circulating and filtering it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

What he said, and fire the pool guy!
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the advice.
    I think if I want the pool chemistry correct, I'd better do it myself. I guess the pool guy was more concerned with keeping the water clear, than correct.

5. Back To Top    #5

Good choice.

Welcome to TFP.

Your first priority should be a very good test kit: http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...its-comparison

Next would be to start reading Pool School: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/

Read until you eye go and your mind is like , then read it again. When you get your test kit, it will all start to come together.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry to hear about your Bromine problem, hopefully it is not too much as water replacement is about the only option to be rid of it.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~