Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stain on Vinyl pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Stain on Vinyl pool

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2920/1...71495e07_b.jpg

Opened ok so far except for the stain.The stain (picture) is around the entire sidewall right above the cove. Brushing does remove it some, I will be getting in the pool and begin scrubbing with brush and glove for scrubbing.using a Taylor K-2006 for the past 2 seasons. Thank-you

FC: 10
    PH: 7.4
    TA: 140
    CH:110
    CYA: 40

Doughboy 28 ft round 19k sandollar sd60

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stain on Vinyl pool

brushing helped but had to stop for the weather. question: would ascorbic acid help with the removal of this?
    Thanks

3. Back To Top    #3

There is no way to know if an AA treatment will help without testing. I kind of doubt it will help, since metal stains (what AA removes) never improve from brushing, still easy to check. Place a vitamin C tablet on a stained spot and see what happens. If the stain lifts in that spot, an AA treatment will help.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for info. I will try the crushed VIT C in a sock. The stain is from the top of the cove up about 12-14 inches. and stops.??

5. Back To Top    #5

rubbing vitamin c did clean away the stain. I will go forward with the AA treament.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...f-metal-stains