1st test w/TF-100

Those are pretty good numbers. I would lower TA using the aeration/acid method in Pool School down to around 70 for an SWG pool. That may help your pH rise go a little slower.

I think you are asking about using the waterfall to provide the aeration necessary to lower the TA by acid/aeration......that would be a perfect use. Read that lowering TA article carefully. It works fine but can be a bit confusing at first and it will take a little time.

I think if the SWG was producing chlorine I might just leave the salt alone......either way is OK.

With those good numbers, I assume you water is clear....correct?

Pool Math has me using 59oz of MA to get to a target of 7.2 PH. I think I'll do that and then turn on the waterfall for a few hours and check later on.

Yes, I've read the article a few times and have actually used the waterfall before to get the PH up a little after using acid when I was using the test strips before the TF-100 arrived.

Water is crystal clear, have never seen it so clear since finding this site. Thanks again Dave for your prudence.

FC-strong 5
ph-7.1
TA-80
CYA-70
Salt-3400
SWG-70%

Running aerator for a good portion of tonight into the day to push up PH. I think I'm done with fiddling around with the TA. I really don't want to go any lower. Going to dial in my SWG now as I've been trying out different setting %'s and had to boost it two days ago with some liquid chlorine as I had it turned down to 50% for a day and a half and lost some FC that day. Next few days I'm set on dialing that in and will report back with new solid workable reading that hopefully will be steady.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.