Programming my New Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump

pars

May 22, 2014
Anaheim, California
Hi Everyone,

I have installed the Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump for my pool. I need to learn how to program the pump and in doing so, I have looked around in the internet, but can't find what I am looking for. The instructions show how to schedule (program) the pump for a straight ongoing and consecutive hours (like starlight 10 hours).

I need to set the pump to run from 6:30 AM to 11:30 AM (for 5 hours) at 1800 RPM and from 6:15 PM to 11:15 PM (for another 5 hours) at 1800 RPM.

Would you please show me the step by step as how to program the pump per my specs above?

Thanks

The pump has several different timers. You simply need to use separate timers for each period.

That is a lot of pump run time. It is quite unlikely that you actually need to run the pump that long.

Thanks for your response.

Well, FYI, my pool is about 17,000 Gallons and I have a Pentair DE Filter 36 sq-ft and I have 2 skimmers, one in the main pool and one in the spa, which we hardly use!!

In regards to your response, can you go more in details as how to set the pump. Lets say, based on your last comment, I let the pump to run at 1000 rpm for 4 hours (from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM) and 2000 rpm for about an hour (for debris cleaning) and maybe another 2 hours from 6:15 PM to 8:15 PM at 1000 RPM.

I am not sure how I can program it in such a way. I am not familiar with controller setting on the pump. The manual is not very user intuitive. Can you walk me through the programming as stated above, if possible?

Thanks a lot

Ditto here regarding the obtuseness of programming this pump. I started a thread on this but probably should have tacked onto yours. Sadly it looks like the number of helpful responses does not bode well but perhaps someone will chime in. I am trying to figure out even just how to review the program that was input by the guys that installed the pump. Going to the local pool supply shops did not help. Leslies recommended calling Pentair and another small local guy emphasized how difficult the Pentair programming system is.

Doug

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.