Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: swg question for today

1. Back To Top    #1

swg question for today

ok, after mixing salt and stabilizer for 24hrs and running my swg for 3hrs this is my test reading
    cl-2
    ta=160
    fc-3.5
    cc-0
    cya-70
    ph-8.2

my question is, since I have just started it up, should I keep running my swg system to get the fc up? or do I try to get the ph down as a priority?
    1200gal intex 10' x 30" round metal frame vinyl above ground pool, intex swg with 12"sand filter, tf-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: swg question for today

Both. Your TA is high and will come down when you knock that pH down. Knock it down to 7.2 and your SWG will aerate it back up anyway. The aeration will not make your TA go back up.

If I am reading your results, you have 2 ppm of CC, which means get the pH in line and then go through the slam process. The SWG should be off during the process, as you will not be able to do an OCLT with it continuously generating chlorine.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

3. Back To Top    #3

I have 0-cc and it reads 2-cl my ph is high and my ta is high. My fc is low. Which do I correct first? If I keep running my swg will my fc come up?
    1200gal intex 10' x 30" round metal frame vinyl above ground pool, intex swg with 12"sand filter, tf-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Drop the pH to 7.2. After 30 minutes, raise th fc with liquid chlorine. Keep the pH in the 7.2 to 7.4 range by adding acid as needed.

5. Back To Top    #5

ok, thank-you, I will try that, should I keep my swg system going or just use the pump?

6. Back To Top    #6

Run it all!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

thank you....

8. Back To Top    #8

having a hard time getting TA lowered....PH is 7.2

9. Back To Top    #9

Read the instructions in Pool School, in the How To section, on lowering TA.

When the PH comes down to 7.0 or 7.2 it is time to start aerating the water. That will bring the PH up and eventually allow you to add more acid.

Lowering TA is a fairly slow, on going, process.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School