pool cleaner for weekend home

We've had our in-ground pool for 8 years and I've had two Polaris cleaners (a 280 and a 380); I alternate them so when one needs service the other stays behind to keep the pool clean. Our oldest cleaner (the 280) now needs too many parts to make a repair cost-effective so I am in the market for a new cleaner. I'm excited about the robotic cleaners, but I've seen a couple people mention you aren't suppose to leave those cleaners in the pool when they've completed their cleaning. Is this true for all robotic cleaners? Our home is used by our adult children and friends who come out without us and with very little advance notice, so I need the pool to be self-sufficient and clean at all times. (FYI we do have a helper who stops by several times a week to clean skimmers, strainer, and change vacuum bags.)

If the robotics require me to manually haul them in and out for every cleaning they won't work for us. I'll just have to stick with the Polaris pressure cleaners, which have been fine but not perfect. Thanks for your feedback.

Welcome to the forum. :wave: I would remove a robot from the pool.

You may choose not to but it may shorten the robot's life. Like so many things, it's not a question that provides a black or white answer.......it's a personal choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.