Thank you TFP! First opening in 3 yrs with clear water!

I'm converted, thank you! In years past we have opened the pool to a murky swamp, what a difference!

Here are the stats:

FC .5
CC 0
pH 8.0
Alk 70
CYA 60
CH 220

Pool water is clear, a few leaves, etc on bottom. Since we aren't dealing with a total mess on our hands I feel a little wary of how to proceed - would sincerely appreciate any/all advice as to what to add (bleach obviously) and the order. Can I add MA at the same time as shocking? Do I even shock the pool?

And one other question, this year worms found their way into the pool and drown and have left tell-tale staining on the floor - I have vacuumed and brushed but to little avail, how can I get the stains out?

Many many thanks!

There is no need to SLAM the pool but you need to get FC in right away. I would bring the FC up to around 10 ppm and HOLD IT THERE until your worm stains are gone. You can add muriatic right after that or right before....either way.

Congrats!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.