Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newer Raypak 266 electric ignition heater CFH but won't spark or light

1. Back To Top    #1

Newer Raypak 266 electric ignition heater CFH but won't spark or light

I have a 2 year old Raypak 266 electric spa heater. It was working fine last night, but today it won't light.
    When turned on it CFH (calls for heat) and then goes to CLK (clock). Never goes to SPK (spark), and I don't hear the it trying to start either. I have disconnected the power, made sure remote is off, cleaned the filter and checked the pressure.

Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Newer Raypak 266 electric ignition heater CFH but won't spark or light

Usually when you see the CLK(clock), the board is connected to a fireman's switch or the installer connected the clock to the control system. Do you have a control system?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    Usually when you see the CLK(clock), the board is connected to a fireman's switch or the installer connected the clock to the control system. Do you have a control system?
    I have a Jandy control system, but I am bypassing that at the power box and turning off auto and using manual.

I have the controller mounted in the house, and a power box (looks like a circuit breaker box) in the pool shed. In the power box each component has a switch auto/off/manual. When it's in the auto mode I can control it from inside the house at the controller. When I am in the shed I can switch to manual mode to control it from there.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

So is the heater in remote mode? Says REM on the heater display. If so, take the heater out of remote mode and then try turning it on via the mode button. Sometimes installers will wire the heater into the clock circuit on the board to control the heater as well. If it is wired into the clock part of the board, you would have to disconnect it and then wire nut the two wires from the board back together. I would suggest getting the heater completely off the controller and see how it acts.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Heater in not on remote mode. Why would it work for 2 years then stop working overnight if it is the way it was wired?