Help Me take my Pool back from the FROGS!!

I am getting close I can see the last step on the ladder and when I clean with the brush I can see it all the way down. But, the chlorine still drops fast in my opionion. I added 1 cup of stabilizer last night and 1 1/2 cup this morning. I added 3 bottles at 3:00pm and I just tested at 8:30 and it is down to 6.
I think I should not add anything tonight and see what it is in the morning. I will post pic tomorrow.
I decided to test everything....
FC 6
TA 90
CYA below 20
CH 150
PH somewhere between 7.0-7.2

PoolMath indicates 2.5 cups of stabiliser would raise CYA ~8.3ppm, dose your pool accordingly.

The first thing I notice is that you are below SLAM level even for CYA 20, if the chlorine drops fast that means that something is consuming it.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you brushed under and around your ladder? Any nooks and crannies that you wouldn't normally brush should be brushed.

I added 2 1/2 cups of stabilizer and the FC is at 14. I have taken the ladder out and bleached and scrubbed it down. Got a little hand brush a few days ago brushed the skimmer?? It just seems to me that last week I couldn't see the last step of the ladder or my feet but my Fc would hold longer at 12.
Now, for the last 2 days the water is clearer and I can see my feet when I stand in the pool and the last step to my ladder, but the bleach isn't holding that long? i am going out every 3 1/2 hours to throw in 2 bottles?

Looks like I passed the oclt test. FC was exactly at 12 didn't go down at all and for the CC I didn't have to add any drops was already clear. However, 2 things......

My cya is still below 20 ( but, the black dot in the tube container is becoming more faint)

Water is clear and I see dirt particles floating around and the liner is stained all the way around the top half of my pool.

What Do I do now? Do I add more bleach as it goes down throughout the day? How Do I know what level to keep it at now?

Don't worry about the CYA level for now. It can take up to a week for any additions to show up. My pool has taken on avg 2-3 days...but others have different luck with that.

You said you passed the OCLT, and your CC's are zero, and your water is clear. that means you are done slamming, so now you need to keep an eye on the FC, and follow the FC/CYA chart based on where your CYA should be after all the additions you have made over the past few days.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

How's the filter PSI after all that? Sand filters can take a bit of time to filter out all the particles.

I want to make sure I am understanding this FC/CYA chart. Its confusing to me.So, for right now since my cya is below 20, I maintain FC at 2 for a 18k pool?
If my cya goes to 40 I maintain at 3?

I still haven't gotten a new gauge. The store is all the way across town. I did do a deep clean 2 1/2 weeks ago for 6 hours and still the water wasn't running clear. However after adding DE thats when improvements started. I wonder if I should add DE again?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, from here on out when I test every morning I use the K-1000? I just feel like I don't get an exact number holding to the light and matching the color...lol...and saying okay its between 2-5.
But, I guess if I can be slightly higher than 2-5 window makes sense.
I have a picture of the stains as you can see it starts right after the mosiac pattern anywhere from 3- 12 inches down. Only on the wall. I really didn't know what the heck I was doing 2 years ago and it could be from throwing in chemicals without mixing in water first. It is a light greenish color.
I just wanted to see if something can be done about it. If not, no biggie.
We moved into this house 8 years ago and that liner was there, so I really don't know how old that liner is.
I am very grateful from all the info on here and will continue to read so, I can get more info....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.