Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adapters for converting Summer Escapes pump to Intex?

1. Back To Top    #1

Adapters for converting Summer Escapes pump to Intex?

Finally bought an Intex pump to replace the crappy little black pump on my Summer Escapes AG pool. What I read online is that people pull the Summer Escape pump apart and remove the guts, then hook the Intex pump right to the output and it works great. My question is: Anyone that has done this, what adapters do I need to get the larger hose from the Intex to fit on the smaller fitting on the Summer Escape Pump?

The Summer Escapes pump is the 2000, so I can't use the adapter that goes in the bottom of the skimmer, I have to do it the way I mentioned above.

Pumpedited.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adapters for converting Summer Escapes pump to Intex?

Quote Originally Posted by JRS7 View Post
    Finally bought an Intex pump to replace the crappy little black pump on my Summer Escapes AG pool. What I read online is that people pull the Summer Escape pump apart and remove the guts, then hook the Intex pump right to the output and it works great. My question is: Anyone that has done this, what adapters do I need to get the larger hose from the Intex to fit on the smaller fitting on the Summer Escape Pump?

The Summer Escapes pump is the 2000, so I can't use the adapter that goes in the bottom of the skimmer, I have to do it the way I mentioned above.

Pumpedited.jpg
    Not one person can tell me how they made this conversion?

3. Back To Top    #3

About to do the same, and need some advice as well.

4. Back To Top    #4

Use this device from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/GAME-4552-Filt...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Slip the ends of the Intex hose over the new connector and use a hose clamp, this is how I do mine.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2017-Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 5000 Gallons
    Intex 2800GPH Pump with 14" Intex Sand Filter
    My Intex Pool Setup Video :Intex pool rises from the ashes - installing and leveling - EP-72 - YouTube