big blue tarp

Hi Folks,
I've got an inground 24x26 that's I've been learning to care for, it came with the house we bought a year ago. Our neighbor has a overgrown 50 foot sumac tree and it's seedlings are overwhelming.

Can I put a plain blue tarp over the pool for the next three weeks til the Sumac Mating Season is over? Maybe throw an inner tube in the middle of the pool and some heavy planters around the outside to keep the tarp from sinking?

We have a Cover Logix 9000 we took off three weeks ago, but I'm old and decrepit and it's heavy. I was hoping for something I can quickly remove when the weather warms up a little more.

-Joe

Yep. Made when the house was built in the fifties. 7 Foot at one end, it used to have a big slide, but that was cut out sometime.

I've been reading on this forum for a year, it's really helped me out, but these seedlings are driving me crazy. According to my log, it'll end in late June.

I am not sure two people (or maybe more) can handle a tarp that large without it being more trouble than it's worth.

Even if you can wrestle it on and off, I would not cover up the pool for 3-4 weeks.....they need to breathe. I can think of far more problems than skimming seedlings if you cover it but it is certainly an adventure to try it and see how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.