We won a new Pentair Racer cleaner... one week after buying a Polaris 280

Jun 11, 2012
Our local pool supply dealer had a contest involving keys to a treasure chest. Since we had been doing some major purchases the past week including a new Polaris booster pump and the 280, we received a number of keys to try. And as luck would have it, we won the top prize (the Racer). Ironically we considered the Racer to replace our old Pentair Legend Platinum but opted for the more basic and affordable 280.

Since it was the one prize that they wouldn't allow exchanges for store value, we will probably sell the Racer locally (shipping would probably be expensive). Any suggestions on what a reasonable price for the new/in-box racer?

Where are you located? I am interested and near Sacramento, ca.

You can get a Racer for around $650 online and Pentair is offering a $200 rebate right now, so don't expect to get more than $450 for it.

Sorry, I have been away and just saw your post.

I wasn't intending to sell it via TFP (I didn't think it was allowed or appropriate in this discussion area). I am located near Houston TX which based on the size of the box would make it seem that shipping charges would make it difficult (and expensive) to ship to Sacramento (btw, used to live at Lake Wildwood and played ball in Sacramento). There are so many pool owners in our area I am thinking it will be easier selling locally.

Thanks for the interest... and hope you find one locally.

Congrats on the win. I tried to win a prize from the Treasure Chest at the Kingwood location of your pool store. I had 13 keys but none of them worked. I would make you an offer for the Racer but I don't think it is good for Above Ground pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.