Replace pump with same model?

We have a 16' above ground pool that we've only had for two years. The intex 637r pump went belly up when the pump was run accidently with no water in it. When I plug it in the motor doesn't even make a noise. I see that replacements of that model are like $40 on amazon. Should I just replace the motor, get the same pump or should I upgrade to a better model. The significant other wants me to install a saltwater filtration unit as well. Would this pump work with such a filtration system? I think the specs say its a 1000 gallon pump. Any help sorting this out in my head would be great.

Hi, welcome to TFP! You will have an easier time keeping the pool clean if you upgrade the pump. Intex makes a sand filter/ pump combo that works very well, and the intex saltwater chlorine generators (SWG) are designed to work with the larger intex pump/filter combos. One like this would probably work very well. You would have to check if the SWG is compatible with the 1000 gallon cartridge /pump combo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.