pine sap

May 31, 2014
jackson mi
I have a sticky black tar looking substance that get on the inside of my skimmer. I have been told it is pine tree sap. I can't seem to get rid of it in the pool, beside cutting down our pine trees :( and I don't want to cut them down. does anyone have any suggestions? I have been dealing with this for about 5 years. first they said it was the jet fuel from the planes. I live about 1/2 mile from a small airport that rarely has planes flying in and out, and my neighbor doesn't have it in her pool. any suggestions would be greatful
thank you
wanda

pine tree sap?

Please do not post the same question in multiple threads. Zea3
I have black sticky tar looking substance that accumulates on my skimmer. Have been dealing with this for about 5 years. I believe it is sap from our pine trees. other than cutting down the trees which is not an option, I don't know how to get rid of it from my pool. anyone else have this problem? or does anyone know what to use to get rid of it?
thanks
wanda

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.