Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool reno

1. Back To Top    #1

Talking Pool reno

I've been trolling TFP for a few weeks now gathering tons of useful info! Thanks to everyone who asks and answers questions!

Thought I would share some pictures/video of the repair/renovation we just finished.(kind of)

Hope you enjoy!
    20k(?) IG plaster, Hayward DE6020, 2.0HP Hayward Tristar, build year 1998, attached raised spa, Hayward Universal H-Series Low NOx heater, aux pump, TFTestkits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool reno

Welcome to TFP MadCrack! You really had a big renovation!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP !
    Looks great !😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Very cool time-lapse video. Interesting to watch the crack stapling procedure. What was the blue and white stuff they put in? Was it some sort of epoxy?
    ~15K gal, IG gunite with new Wetedge Satin Matrix Pebble Finish installed mid 04/14, 1 HP Pentair Challanger pump, Sta-rite System 3 300 sqft cartridge filter, G3 cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

joepaiii - The blue stuff is MULASTICOAT which is a latex product. Forms a membrane that is flexible/stretchable so that if the crack should pull it will hopefully stretch with the crack and not allow water to leak.The white stuff is a cement of some sort. I don't recall exactly what it was.

There was a day of work I didn't get as we were out of town. On that day they acid washed the old plaster and applied a coat of SCRATCHKOTE, which is made by the same company, as a bond coating. You may or may not be able to tell but the pool turned gray (the missing day 5). That is this coating.
    20k(?) IG plaster, Hayward DE6020, 2.0HP Hayward Tristar, build year 1998, attached raised spa, Hayward Universal H-Series Low NOx heater, aux pump, TFTestkits