New Skimmer

MK1985

Jul 9, 2011
Webster,Wi
I have all the plumbing hardware and have been looking at all the instructions on how to install just have to get in the water and do it. I will need to drain some of the water because it is up to the gray line right now and my ? is how high can the water level be with the new skimmer? We like to have it right at the level it is now but looking at pics of installs it looks like it needs to be lower, can you go half way up the skimmer or is that even to high.

I'm doing the same thing... I keep a good watch on my water level so I will be installing my through the wall skimmer as high as I can.... I don't want to lose water depth at all.... The skimmer wont be running while we are in the pool anyway, its more of a remove the bugs in the morning and evening type thing....Make sure you install a ball valve underneath the skimmer so you can shut it off if you need to do maintenance or want to give more ompf to your suction and returns... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.